Website Sky Mavis
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis is a team of nation builders. Together, we build both the virtual worlds of the future and the infrastructure that makes them possible. When it comes to building our internal nation, we put lots of effort into creating a working environment where you will find fulfillment every day and can be yourself just as much as you are when at home. At our cores, we are entrepreneurs, innovators, nerds, and gamers. We are a group of people who are curious about new things, passionate about creating impactful changes, and candid when it comes to challenges and critics.
We are at the forefront of technological innovation and we are moving fast. As part of our team, you’ll join a group of talented young people, who are making changes while having fun doing it.
About the Role
As a Senior UI Artist on our team, your player-focused mindset allows you to conceptualize intuitive menus whose look and feel encompass our game’s overall creative vision. Working as both, a hands-on designer and a direction-providing mentor for less experienced colleagues, you ensure that the game experience remains intuitive, immersive and provides our players with the right information at the right time. At times you might also engage in the design of icons and support us with interface related graphic design.
- Work closely with Art lead and Game Designers to conceptualize and design menus and HUD elements
- Adapt and develop graphic design and motion graphic solutions fitting to Axie’s visual style
- Clearly communicate ideas in a visual manner, either as wireframes, or mock-ups
- Work closely with the UX and Game Design teams to know what type of player experience is intended
- Work closely with the programming team to implement menus into the game and verify the quality of said menus once implemented
- 3+ years experience in creating interfaces for video games for both PC and console
- Experience working on game interfaces on two or more published titles, ideally you are familiar with stylized approach in art direction
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping software (Figma, Sketch,…)
- Creativity and sense of initiative (proactivity, originality, and resourcefulness when searching for solutions)
- Show ownership and responsibility by pro-actively and independently driving tasks
Front row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that make positive impacts in changing many people’s lives globally
A fast-paced, young, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute species
A competitive salary package that fit your skills, experiences, and contributions
Give you freedom & ownership to your work
Embrace your nature as a gamer (Why else would you want to join us?)
You’ll acquire new skills as we usher in a new era of ownership.
Help you to give your family the security that they deserve
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.